The Temple was built on an identical theme to the tabernacle in the Wilderness
The most important places and items were:
- The Holy Place.
- The Holy of Holies, within the Holy Place.
- The Temple Veil which separated the Holy of Holies from the Holy Place.
- The “Altar of Incense” which was in the Holy Place
- The Ark of the Covenant which was in the Holy of Holies, and contained the two stone tablets of the Ten Commandments.
- The two Cherubim with wings stretched over the Mercy Seat.
- The Mercy Seat, which was the lid of the Ark of the Covenant.
- The Tablets of the Ten Commandments, which were contained within the Ark of the Covenant
Tabernacle in the Wilderness
Model of the Ark of the Covenant
Model of the Altar of Incense
The Ten Commandments