According to the New American Standard Bible Open Study Edition , Jesus Christ entered Jerusalem on March 29th 33 A.D, as prophesied by Gabriel in Daniel 9:25,26. The Crucifixion took place in the days following. The most popular date for the Crucifixion is 3rd April 33 A.D.
Stunningly accurate prophecy in Daniel 9:25,26
Daniel 9: 25,26 is perhaps the most amazingly accurate mathematical prophecy in the entire Bible! It proves conclusively the supernatural authority of the Bible. This amazing work on the book of Daniel was first calculated by Sir Robert Anderson, a former Chief Inspector of Scotland Yard, London, England. He published his work in an excellent book, “The Coming Prince”, which has become one of the most important books in Biblical Eschatology.
In this Scripture the angel Gabriel foretells Daniel the exact date when Jesus Christ, the anticipated Messiah, would come to Jerusalem. This prophecy is mathematically correct to the very day! There is simply no other book on Planet Earth that predicts the future with such stunning accuracy!
Daniel 9: 25-26 “Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince, there shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times. And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself”.
For a concise explanation of Daniel 9:25,26 we have quoted from the highest possible authority: The New American Standard Bible, the New Open Bible Study Edition, page 942:
- The vision of the sixty-nine weeks in Daniel 9: 25,26 pinpoints the coming of the Messiah.
- The decree of Daniel 9: 25 took place on March 4th, 444 BC (Nehemiah 2: 1-8).
- The sixty-nine weeks of seven years equals 483 years, or 173,880 days (using 360-day prophetic years.)
- This leads to March 29th, A.D.33, the date of the Triumphal Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem.
- This is checked by noting that 444 BC to AD 33 is 476 years, and 476 times 365.24219 days per year equals 173,855 days.
- Adding 25 days for the difference between March 4th and March 29th gives 173,880 days.
- It should be noted that the Babylonians used a 360-day calendar, which must be converted to our current Solar Years, of 365 days.
- These 360-day years are commonly called prophetic years.
The exact day when the Messiah would come to Jerusalem was therefore predicted by Gabriel in Daniel 9:25,26 to the very day!