Jesus said, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature”, Mark 16:15.
We would like you to try to imagine the situation after the Resurrection of Jesus. Jesus had been raised from the dead, and had walked and talked with the disciples for many days. However, Jesus announced that He would be departing for an indefinite period of time, and that, the disciples would not see Him again.
We believe that Jesus chose his last words on this Earth very carefully, and that the disciples paid great attention! This is what He said!
“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into Heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it”, Mark 16:15 – 18.
- Notice what the disciples did!
- They went out and preached everywhere!
- Guess what! If you are a disciple of Jesus, you are supposed to be preaching the Gospel everywhere too!
Where is everywhere?
- Everywhere is wherever people are!
- If they happen to be in your church, make sure they don’t leave without being born again!
- But, mostly, they will not be in your church building, because unbelievers don’t want to come!
- So where can you meet people?
- You will normally meet people in cafes, shops, restaurants, banks, airports, beaches, taxis, homes, factories, shops, hospitals, prisons, or wherever people gather!
- Remember, we are NOT talking about religion, we are talking about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and that is very different!
- There were plenty of religious people around in Jesus’ time. In fact, they (the Sanhedrin) arranged to have Jesus executed.
- There are plenty of religious people around today, but they will probably not try to kill you!
- However, be warned, it will sometimes feel like it!
- Please be very cautious! Jesus said, “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves,” Matthew 10:16.
- We are NOT advocating that anyone should put themselves in any danger.