The Miracle of the Human Cell, Created by God
Dr Richard Kent MB BS
Email: [email protected]
We all have about 100 trillion living cells in our bodies.
The Human Cell
- We all have about 100 trillion living cells
- We make about 200 million cells per minute, or 300 billion new cells per day
- These 100 trillion cells in our bodies, are all programmed by the genetic code, DNA, within each cell.
- There are 3 billion different genetic codes in every single human cell!
- In the whole body there 10 with 18 zeros after it genetic codes – this is more than the number of seconds in 20 billion years!
Christians often say “I wish I could see a miracle!”
We are all miracles, created by God!
Although people talk about the natural world, there is no such thing in real life.
Everything is supernatural, and nothing is natural, or “formed by chance” in the primordial slime!
All living humans, animals, birds, fish, insects, and plants are all created by God!
We need to change the way we look at our world, which is what this article is all about!
All cells contain DNA, which is the genetic code for each cell
The Molecular Structure of DNA
Inside the 100 trillion cells in your body resides the famous double helix, known as DNA.
DNA is God’s biological information system, the single most amazing information system in the universe!
It is incredibly complex, and yet amazingly compact!
Each of your 100 trillion cells contains a strand of DNA, which has all of the biological information for that one cell!
DNA is vastly more complex than all of the supercomputers at NASA, together!
A teaspoon of DNA
I want you to imagine a teaspoon of DNA!
How much genetic information could that teaspoon of DNA hold?
That teaspoon of DNA could hold the precise assembly instructions for all of the proteins for all of the 1000 million species of animals that have ever existed, and still have enough storage information to store all of the information in every book ever written!
This design system can only come from a Super-Intelligence, whose name is Jesus Christ
Life did not arrive by chance in the primordial slime!
Mathematical calculations about DNA “spontaneously generating”
It can be calculated mathematically, using switching theory, that the chance of one DNA molecule occurring randomly is one chance in 10 to the power of 53.
This would be written as ten with fifty-three zeros after it. The scientific community discounts any “chance” greater than one chance in 10 to the power of 50.
In other words, DNA could not possibly have evolved by “spontaneous generation”.
Calculations by Sir Fred Hoyle, UK Nobel prize winner
Sir Fred Hoyle
“A super intellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology.
The likelihood of the formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number of 10 with 40 thousand noughts (zeros) after it.
It is enough to bury Darwin and the whole Theory of Evolution.
There was no primeval soup, neither on this planet nor on any other, and if the beginnings of life were not random, they must therefore have been the product of a purposeful intelligence.”
(Nature: vol.294:105, Nov 12 1981).
Information systems and Messenger RNA (mRNA)
In the cell, messages are sent from DNA to the periphery of the cell, using mRNA, to create proteins, of which we are all made.
Messenger RNA (mRNA)
Evolutionists would like us to believe that:
- The “message sender” (DNA) and the “message receiver” (mRNA) both spontaneously evolved, by chance.
- The message sender” (DNA) and the “message receiver” (mRNA) instantaneously communicated with each other.
This is completely impossible, as I will explain!
Let us use two mobile phones as an illustration
Mobile phones use much simpler technology than DNA and mRNA.
If two separate cellular phones were able to spontaneously self-generate, one in London, the other in Melbourne, I think we could all agree that they would not be able to immediately communicate with each other.
Only if appropriate paid-up sim cards from an external mobile phone network were inserted into both cellular phones could they communicate with each other.
In other words, no manufactured system can communicate with another manufactured system unless they are programmed by an outside agency.
The two mobile phones would only be able to communicate with each other when an outside agency, of greater technological expertise, programmed all the cellular phones to identical frequencies, using identical computer languages.
In the case of DNA, God, and only God, has programmed DNA and mRNA to understand each other!
In fact, DNA is so cleverly and supernaturally designed that it actually repairs itself, every day, in every cell of our body!
The molecular structure of DNA
The DNA forms 23 pairs of chromosomes, making a full complement of 46 chromosomes
- DNA is quite literally God’s language of biological information.
- DNA is by far the most complex information storage medium known on Planet Earth. It is completely supernatural and miraculous!
- DNA is God’s blueprint of every single cell of the 100 trillion cells in our bodies!
- Your body is made of 100 trillion cells, each containing DNA, the most complex genetic code in the universe.
- Each cell has 3 billion genetic codes to ensure that each cell is correctly manufactured.
- Each cell in your body has an estimated 6 to 8 feet of DNA.
- Each of your 100 trillion cells contains a strand of DNA, which has all of the biological information for that one cell!
- If you stretched out one strand of DNA it would be over six feet long!
- Within each cell, encoded in the DNA, are exact instructions to build all the proteins in our bodies!
- These proteins are used to make skin cells, eye cells, brain cells, heart cells. liver cells, blood cells, etc!
GOD has put HIS NAME in the DNA of every single cell of our bodies!
Dr Isaiah Rubinstein is a scientist at the Weizmann Institute of Science, Jerusalem.
He made the following discovery:
- The DNA molecule appears as a double helix, looking like a spiral staircase.
- There are sulfuric bridges which keep the two DNA strands attached together.
3. Every 10 acids, there is a bridge
4. Every 5 acids, there is a bridge
5. Every 6 acids, there is a bridge
6. Every 5 acids, there is a bridge
7. This is a repeating pattern in the DNA double helix spiral.
8. The 10 – 5 – 6 – 5 repeating positions of the sulphuric bridges within DNA are extremely important!
9. The Hebrew Alphabet has 22 letters:
10. The code 10 – 5 – 6 – 5 repeating, in DNA correspond to the Hebrew Name of God, YHWH
11. This means the GOD has written HIS NAME, YHWH, on the DNA of every single cell of every single human body on Planet Earth!
12. GOD has actually signed HIS NAME in the same way as a famous artist autographs his painting!
13. There are 3 billion genetic codes in every single human cell!
A human brain cell
14. In a human cell it takes three billion (3,000,000,000) of those codes to represents a correct copy of each cell!
15. And we all have 100 trillion cells!
16. This is too fantastic for our simple minds to understand!
17. We do not live in a natural world!
18. We are all supernaturally created by the highest intelligence in the universe – His Name is Jesus Christ!
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made”
The human genome
The human genome is the sum product of the total information stored in the genes for each individual human being.
Each genome consists of 24,000 human genes and 23 pairs of chromosomes, or 46 chromosomes in all.
Our genes are carried on our chromosomes in the nucleus of the cell.
There are nearly 7.5 billion people on the planet now and the people are all different, because they have different genomes!
We have 100 trillion cells in our bodies, which are all programmed by the genetic code within each cell.
There are 3 billion different genetic codes in every single human cell!
In the whole body there 10 with 18 zeros after it genetic codes – this is more than the number of seconds in 20 billion years!
DNA sends messenger mRNA from the nucleus of the cell to the ribosomes in the cytoplasm of the cell.
The ribosomes are factories for making proteins, of which we are all made!
Ribosomes play an extremely important role in human cell physiology.
They are a complex structure of protein and ribosomal ribonucleic acid whose main function is to make protein.
A schematic human cell
The major parts of a typical human cell include
- The cell membrane,
- Golgi apparatus,
- Smooth and rough endoplasmic reticulum,
- Cytoplasm filling.
There are a huge variety of different types of cells.
Red blood cells
White blood cells
Six-day old human baby in womb
Rods and cones of the retina
As you can see there is a huge variety of cells, and they all look completely different, because they are completely different!
Regulation of red blood cell formation in the bone marrow
The production of red blood cells is regulated by
- A Hormone called erythropoietin
- Erythropoietin is produced in the kidneys in direct response to low oxygen levels
- As the oxygen level in the body decreases, the kidneys produce more erythropoietin to stimulate red cell production on the bone marrow.
The hormone erythropoietin a wonderful example of Irreducible Complexity!
The production of red blood cells is regulated by erythropoietin, a hormone produced in the kidney.
But the kidney requires oxygen, or it will quickly die!
Red blood cells deliver oxygenated blood to the kidney.
But blood cells can only be produced in the bone marrow, under the influence of the hormone erythropoietin.
Irreducible Complexity is demonstrated here!
- The bone marrow cannot produce red blood cells without stimulation from the hormone erythropoietin, manufactured in the kidneys.
- The kidneys cannot survive without oxygen provided in the red blood cells.
- There are therefore two biological systems, which cannot function unless both systems are fully developed.
- Both systems are highly complex, and could not possibly have evolved simultaneously!
- This is a major problem for evolutionists, who teach that life evolved, by chance, in the primordial slime.
- The human circulatory system is tremendous evidence of the existence of God.
- The production of red blood cells was planned and engineered by a supreme intelligence. His name is Jesus Christ!
The Mitochondria of every cell
Energy is made in the cells in the Mitochondria of every cell
There is a biochemical process, known as the Krebs cycle, in which energy is created
This is incredibly complex, but, in very simply terms, energy is stored in the cell as the high energy molecule ATP (Adenosine Triose Phosphate).
The waste product of the Krebs citric Acid Cycle is Carbon Dioxide CO2.
This is an acidic, toxic gas, which must be removed from the body.
Besides carrying oxygen to the cells of the body, the red blood cells help to remove carbon dioxide (Co2) from the body.
Carbon dioxide enters the blood in the capillaries and is brought back to the lungs and released there and then exhaled as we breathe.
However, this requires the vital enzyme, Carbonic Anhydrase.
The enzyme Carbonic Anhydrase
Red blood cells contain an enzyme called carbonic anhydrase which is essential to convert Carbon Dioxide and Water to Carbonic Acid.
Carbonic acid is formed, which then separates into hydrogen ions and bicarbonate ions:
This is basically how the toxic Carbon Dioxide is removed from the tissue, and excreted in the lungs, in the air we all breathe out.
Iron is essential in the production of red blood cells
Iron is a toxic compound, but is at the very centre of a haemoglobin molecule.
The element iron is toxic to the human body, and yet is essential for the transport of oxygen in the blood.
God has arranged that the human body absorbs exactly enough iron to supply the needs of haemoglobin, but not too much iron, which would kill the body.
In the last century in London many people died of iron toxicity, because water was pumped through iron pipes.
To me it is inconceivable that are highly complex molecule such as haemoglobin could arise by chance in the primordial slime 3.8 billion years ago.
Michael J. Denton, Nature’s Destiny, The Free Press, 1998, p. 202.
- “It would seem that in designing an oxygen-transporting molecule from first principles we are led inevitably to a molecule very like haemoglobin”.
- “The evidence is consistent with the possibility that haemoglobin is the ideal and unique respiratory pigment for metabolically active air-breathing organisms”.
- “The elegance of the way the haemoglobin system functions is simply astounding, and a source of wonder to everyone who is familiar with its intricate ingenuity.”
The production of red blood cells is remarkably complex.
Anyone who thinks that this all happened by chance has remarkable faith in the laws of chance!
In my opinion, the theory of evolution of red blood cells is totally flawed.
How could red blood cells evolve, with their capacity to carry oxygen and remove carbon dioxide, when all organisms require oxygen to live?
In addition, red blood cells contain the toxic chemical iron. If evolution were to happen, then non-toxic red blood cells must evolve!
All living organisms require oxygen!
How can the human body, or any living organism, evolve, unless the red blood cells are fully functional?
This is another example of irreducible complexity.
The Cells of the Human Retina
The Retina is made up of specialised cells called rods and cones
Rods and Cones
The formation of electrical impulses in the retina is incredibly complex! There are multiple chemical stages for light to be converted into electrical impulses, which are sent to the brain via the optic nerves.
The image is processed by the retina at the back of the eye into electrical impulses. The electrical impulses are transmitted to the Visual Cortex at the back of the brain
This is a Neuron, a brain cell, with highly complex electrical and chemical activity to communicate with other neurons!
The visual cortex then communicates with the rest of the brain, so that we all know exactly where we are in time and space!
The Human Eye is one of many examples of Irreducible Complexity.
In the case of a mousetrap, it has several different moving parts. The mousetrap will not function as a mousetrap unless all of the different parts are working.
In the case of the eye, an eye can either see, or not see!
If the eye is not fully functional, it is not a useful organ, and the animal, fish, bird, or human will, from an evolutionary perspective, be unlikely to survive!
A blind rabbit is very unlikely to survive in the English countryside!
Evolutionists and the eye
In the case of the eye, evolutionist believe that the eye evolved over millions of years
As shown in the above diagram, evolutionist believe that
- A region of photosensitive cells developed called photoreceptors.
- A depressed area of skin developed, with transparent skin!
- This developed into a pinhole primitive eye.
- A transparent “humour” developed in the enclosed chamber.
- A distinct lens evolved.
- The iris and cornea developed.
- This image does not include the all-important rods and cones which convert light energy into electrical energy!
However, it is true that Charles Darwin, the founder of modern-day evolution, had some problems with the evolution of the eye!
Charles Darwin wrote:
“To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.”
– Charles Darwin in The Origin of Species, J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd, London, 1971, p. 167. (p. 18 of The Revised Quote Book)
From a Biblical perspective, God created everything!
“In the beginning was the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it”.
This includes the eye, which is immensely complex, and is an example of irreducible complexity.
God created both eyes and ears!
The hearing ear and the seeing eye,
The LORD has made them both.
All of the cells are made into organs with different structures and functions
Anyone who thinks this all happened by chance in the primordial slime has a great deal of faith in chance!
Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “there is no god.”
The Bible speaks of the Creator, Jesus Christ
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men”.
Jesus Christ was there at the beginning, and he is the Author of Life.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
“The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being”.
Jesus Christ is God and he created everything!
Molecular science as explained by Professor James Tour
Professor James Tour
James Tour is Professor of Chemistry at Rice University, Texas.
- He is a worldwide authority on nanoscale science and technology.
- His work featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Science Magazine.
- He has lectured at all the leading universities and ivy league schools.
- He also teaches Sunday School at West University Baptist church in Houston.
- He is a leading authority on new research in nanoscience,
- He recently spoke at Calvary Fellowship church in Clear Lake:
“I build molecules for a living. I can’t begin to tell you how difficult that job is.
I stand in awe of God because of what He has done through His Creation.
My faith has been increased through my research.
Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith.
If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.
There are so many casualties in the Christian faith.
So many fall away or become ineffective.
The only way to stay strong is to stay in the Scriptures.
It brings life and draws us closer to Jesus.”
We are going to start with the basic building block in the universe, which is the atom.
All molecules are made of atoms!
Here is an atom
Atoms hold a massive amount of energy!
The nucleus is made up of protons and neutrons, and electrons orbit around the nucleus.
The Protons are Positively charged
The Electrons are Negatively charged.
Now here’s the problem
- The Protons are positively charged and Electrons negatively charged.
- Positive and negative attract according to laws of electromagnetism!
- Such kind of equilibrium should be impossible.
- Electrons should spiral right into the nucleus!
So why do atoms not implode?
“He (Jesus) is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact likeness of His Being, and he holds everything together by his powerful Word.” Hebrews 1:3
What happens when “his powerful word” is withdrawn?
“The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare”.1 Peter 3 :1
All living organisms and plants radiate energy, which may be measured
Butterfly photographed with Kirlian photography
Leaf photographed with Kirlian photography
This energy comes from the cells of the butterfly and the leaf, both of which were created by God!
“Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is an eternal God,
The Creator of the whole earth.
He does not get tired or weary;
There is no limit to His wisdom”
If you are not a Believer in Jesus Christ, and would like to go to Heaven when you die, please click on the link below, on this website:
I hope you have enjoyed this teaching and associated YouTube videos
God bless you!
Dr Richard Kent MB BS
Email: [email protected]