The Shroud of Turin proves the Resurrection
Explanation of the additional C-14 in the Shroud
- It is our belief that the incorrect Carbon dating of 1325 A.D. by scientists in Oxford, Switzerland and Arizona should be expected!
- Far from causing dismay amongst individuals who believe the Shroud to be authentic, we believe it is actually a source of great encouragement!
- Carbon dating machines do not date anything. They merely provide accurate information about how much radioactive C-14 is present in a sample.
- We believe that the additional C-14 atoms discovered to be present in the Shroud by the various Radio-Carbon dating machines actually proves the Resurrection!
- We do not for one moment doubt the accuracy of the Carbon Dating machines in detecting the quantity of C-14 in the Shroud.
- We do however disagree with their conclusions about the date of 1325 A.D.
- Had there be no Resurrection, we believe the Shroud would have displayed the appropriate quantity of C-14 for a first century Shroud, with a mean date of 33 A.D., the date of the Crucifixion.
However, the much higher quantity of radioactive C-14 indicates one of two possibilities:
Theory: The Shroud is a fraud: The Shroud is dated approximately 1325 A.D, and the Carbon Dating tests have been correctly interpreted.
Theory: The Shroud is authentic: The Shroud is authentic, dating from 33 A.D.
However, the Shroud was bombarded with light and subatomic particles at the Resurrection, converting Nitrogen and Carbon into radioactive C-14, hence producing additional radioactive C-14, accounting for the incorrect date of 1325 A.D.
Discussion of the Theory: The Shroud is a fraud
- The other 12 scientific tests all point to an authentic Shroud of Jesus Christ.
- As discussed, if there is one abnormal scientific result in a set of results, scientists should look very carefully at the assumptions they have made concerning the interpretation of the abnormal result.
- We believe that the additional C-14 can accounted for by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the high quantity of radioactive C-14 atoms in the First Century Shroud accounted for the incorrect Carbon dating of C-14, since the physics of the Resurrection was not taken into account!
Discussion of the Theory: The Shroud is authentic
We believe that this theory is correct, for the following reasons:
- All of the scientific tests discussed above, with the exception of the Carbon Dating test, indicate that, in the opinion of the scientists concerned, the Shroud is authentic.
- We believe that at the Resurrection of Jesus Christ there was an emission of light and subatomic particles moving at the speed of light, as well as additional soft X-rays.
- We believe that at the radiation vaporised the surface fibrils of the Shroud, causing the photo-negative burn on the Shroud, and free Nitrogen and Carbon atoms.
- We believe that the Nitrogen and possibly Carbon atoms in the Shroud were converted by the emission of light and radiation at the Resurrection, travelling at the speed of light, to radioactive isotope C-14 atoms.
- The Shroud of Turin therefore had additional radioactive C-14 molecules, which would not normally be expected in a Shroud dated A.D. 33, the date of the Crucifixion.
- If we are correct in the above assumptions, obviously the additional radioactive C14 remained in the linen of the Shroud until the Shroud was Carbon dated in 1988.
- The scientists involved in the 1988 Carbon Dating experiment used traditional methods to interpret their results.
- Based on their normal Carbon dating methodology, the Shroud of Turin was shown by radioactive dating to have a quantity of radioactive C-14 consistent with linen from A.D. 1325.
- However, these scientists had not included the physics of the Resurrection in their analysis!
We believe that the linen of the Shroud is unique, and contains additional C-14 molecules, proving the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The linen of the Shroud was derived from flax.
- The flax, like all vegetable matter, contained trace amounts of radioactive C-14, from photosynthesis of Carbon Dioxide containing radioactive C-14.
- We believe that the Shroud of Turin is unique.
- This linen was radiated at the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- This radiation caused a greater quantity of the radioactive isotope C-14 to be present in the flax of the Shroud.
- Using the normal criteria used for dating, based on the quantity of radioactive C-14 present, the Shroud of Turin therefore appeared to be much younger than it actually is!
- We believe that the excessive Isotope C-14 in the material of the Shroud of Turin actually proves that the linen has been irradiated.
- In the absence of any other explanation, and in the light of Dr Accetta’s experiment, and also the experiment of Dr Jackson and Dr Jumper, the Resurrection of Jesus Christ seems to be the only reasonable conclusion for the photo-negative image formation on the Shroud.
- We believe that the 12 tests prove the authenticity of the Shroud, dating from A.D. 33.
- We believe that the additional radioactive C-14 in the material of the Shroud of Turin actually proves that the linen has been irradiated.
- In the absence of any other explanation, we believe that the Resurrection of Jesus Christ seems to be the only reasonable conclusion for the photo-negative image formation on the Shroud, and the additional radioactive C-14 in a first century Shroud.